|Anita Lesko, RN, MS, CRNA|
Anita Lesko has Asperger's syndrome. She is a nurse anesthetist, military aviation photojournalist, author, public speaker, advocate and founder of a non profit organization...and now invited speaker at the United Nations!
The event was organized by the United Nations Department of Public Information and Department of Economic and Social Affairs, and co-sponsored by the Permanent Missions of Argentina, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Denmark, Ecuador, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan and Poland.
We are so proud! Anita participated and gave voice to issues surrounding dating, marriage and parenthood for people with autism spectrum disorders.
Navigating Relationships: Dating, Marriage and Parenthood
- Moderator: Caren Zucker, Journalist and TV Producer, Co-author of “In a Different Key: The Story of Autism”
- Dr. Julia Ejiogu, Founder and Director, Autism Care and Support Initiative, Nigeria
- Hillary Freeman, Esq., Attorney, Freeman Law Offices
- Anita Lesko, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and Self-Advocate
- Walter Suskind, Regional Spokesperson, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and Advocate for Sibling Engagement http://www.un.org/en/events/autismday/2017/events.shtml
- The full proceedings can be view on the United Nations web tv. *You can see Anita at marker 1:48:35 (wearing her signature hat).