Sunday, May 9, 2021

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and a wheelchair didn't stop Ryann Kress, BS, RN......she got the job!

 


WDBJ in Roanoke, Virginia aired this story about Ryann Kress.

“Two years of ‘no.’ Two years of nobody wanted to take a chance on me, being seen as a liability, or just being instantly Googled, they would find my name, see my wheelchair and say absolutely not,” said Kress.

At 16, Ryann was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. It’s a progressive condition that makes Ryann’s collagen stretchy.

“About two and a half years ago, I began using a wheelchair full time, because my hips knees and ankles are very unstable.”

That’s when Ryann stepped away from her career as a nurse to work in hospital case management. It’s a job she loved, but wasn’t fulfilled by.

More than ten nursing positions turned her away. She was ready to call it quits.

“Then I said one last ditch effort, I saw the ad for mother baby position, and said let me just try,” said Kress.

https://www.wdbj7.com/2021/04/27/roanoke-woman-gets-nurse-position-after-receiving-several-rejections/?fbclid=IwAR1zQiYqvxwbJcNVG6p6d42DDbp5aFubzHql8oVANjktOs398D_znnSx2Ec

You can follow Ryann@chronically_ry on Instagram.


Cheers!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment