Sunday, March 17, 2024

Hannah Gerald, born with one arm, achieves her life-long dream of becoming a nurse

The biggest challenge Gerald had to overcome was being able to safely perform meticulous nursing skills.

“That was the big thing for me and my instructors. All of us had to find a way to adapt and be safe,” said Gerald. “I was born this way. I can tie my shoes and put my hair in a ponytail, drive. In general, I’ve had challenges learning to use the prosthetic and only wear it for nursing.”

Gerald conquered procedures like drawing blood early in the program. “I just really practiced a lot. Drawing blood is not the most difficult thing. Anything sterile is more difficult but that’s in general for any nursing student,” said Gerald.

Read more at:

Hannah Gerald achieves her life-long dream of becoming a nurse - Lamar University

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/education/nurse-born-with-one-arm-graduates-from-lamar-university-prepares-to-hit-front-lines-of-pandemic/502-d6e43431-d983-408e-99c5-00627f0a702a?fbclid=IwAR1x1vGsN0rt-OZrX7ZMszq7lre1wsOA1q5B8ah3STj9zDxBBrAZrJjIQh8

Cheers!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment