Thursday, March 11, 2021

Disabled actor turns to ExceptionalNurse.com for inspiration and guidance developing a character who is a nurse with a disability!


 Recently, I received this email: 

Dear Donna,

My name is Diana Elizabeth Jordan.  I am a Los Angeles based actress who lives with cerebral palsy (which mildly affects my speech and gait). I am reaching out to let you know how invaluable your website was to me recently.

Last Friday, (March 5) I had a guest starring role on Heartbeats (an improvised medical dramedy produced by Jessica Lynn Verdi and Mary Chieffo) which is on Friday's 6 P.M. PST on the Twitch channel). The character I portrayed was Nurse Lollie Blake-Pimperton, Pediatric NP. I was really excited to play a nurse who had a disability and read about other real life  nurses with disabilities. I even got the coloring book.

 I am in awe of what real nurses do and how much you have done especially this past year. Even though the show (which was filmed on Zoom) was improvised and had a lot of comedic elements, it was very important to me especially-since I was a guest star and I am not sure when I will be back, to ground the character in reality. I do hope I represented your profession well.

So I just wanted to thank you. I have included a link to a few of my scenes and also the entire show because the show is really good and the series regulars are awesome.  I hope you enjoy it.  

Thank you for your time and consideration,

 Peace and Grace 


Diana Elizabeth Jordan

Actor*Solo Artist* Theater & Filmmaker

SAG-AFTRA/AEA

 Disability Influencer/Artist Educator

www.dianaelizabethjordan.com

Diana Elizabeth Jordan Lollie Scenes

https://vimeo.com/521935887

Heartbeats episode 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbU9dwL4Kd8&t=32s

 

 Cheers!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment